Complete Guide to the Snakes of Southern Africa – New Edition
This long-awaited third edition has been updated, revised and expanded. New information based on scientific research relating to behaviour, identification, reproduction and snake venoms has been included in the species accounts.
Features of this book:
• Covers all essential aspects of snake biology and behaviour.
• Species descriptions are accompanied by full-colour photographs and distribution maps.
• Simple icons make essential information available at a glance.
• A separate ‘key features’ box assists in quickly identifying species in the field.
• Chapters on classification and identification, keeping snakes, and the treatment of snakebite supplement the species accounts.
This comprehensive guide will prove invaluable to herpetologists, snake collectors, hikers, gardeners and reptile enthusiasts.